[Tig] Canon 4K monitor

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Fri Jan 24 20:15:05 GMT 2014

On Fri, 24 Jan 2014, Robert Frye wrote:

> I've heard this too Juan, but Viewing Angle also depends on the LCD chosen, and other factors as well.
>
> There are two different generic types of Q dot technologies, and I'm
> betting they have different characteristics that will affect (or
> not!) viewing angle.

If the light projects straight out from the LEDs rather than being
diffuse, then that would directly effect the viewing angle.  A tiny
dot LED would be less diffuse than a larger LED since the diffusion is
usually accomplished by plastic put in front of the LED.

If one sits close enough to the display to be able to see pixel-level
defects then there could be an apparent halo of darkness around the
periphery of the image due to viewing angle.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn