[Tig] Canon 4K monitor

Riza Pacalioglu riza at silver.co.uk
Fri Jan 24 18:11:48 GMT 2014

"Dolby BLU is direct illumination and every single R, G, and B element within each of over 1500 RGB triads is controlled algorithmically to dim per the content."

On CML there was a post about the problems one can get with dimming LED array LCD monitors. As the number of array elements (pixels) are orders of magnitude smaller than the actual picture elements dimming effect creates artefacts on the image. I have not tested the Dolby monitor with the test signals that the poster had supplied but I have tested other so called master monitors of the LCD type and they all failed fantastically. Since then my eye keeps seeing those failures on such monitors which are littered all over the post houses.

My question will be, does Dolby also suffer from this or that Dolby has much smaller RGB LED array that the issues are almost eliminated?

All the best

Riza Nur Pacalioglu M.Sc.
Producer
Silver Productions, Salisbury, England