[Tig] TV dramas graded darker than similar movies?

Riza Pacalioglu riza at silver.co.uk
Wed Jan 22 14:16:46 GMT 2014

>> Trust me the quality I get is orders of magnitude better than terrestrial or satellite broadcasts.

> I guess YMMV is apropos

I should have said 'if' you have broadband that is suitable for the streaming product of choice.

When the 73% of broadband users in the UK experienced download speeds of above 4Mbps (source: Akamai) your best my best performance of, maybe 1.5Mbps, surely means your broadband is not suitable for streaming Netflix.

Even at 1.5Mbps, as an example, you should get better ITV2-4 image quality by streaming live on ITV Player compare to Freeview where those channels are broadcast using 1/4 of your maximum data rate and use a smaller than SD frame.

'When' you have the required connection, streaming offers much better picture quality then broadcast does.

Riza Nur Pacalioglu M.Sc.
Producer
Silver Productions, Salisbury, England
http://silver.co.uk