[Tig] Paramount calls time on 35mm

Joe Owens jpo at prestodigital.ca
Tue Jan 21 18:47:11 GMT 2014

One reason brought to me by international clients is that digital projection is not universal yet, by far.
I have had a couple of horrible experiences with DCPs that played here, and a couple of other places, but failed in yet other venues due to *ahem* "server issues"...

There are a number of incompatibilities and ambiguities between SMPTE, InterOp, Christie, CineAsset... it feels like the early days of burning DVDs.

On 2014-01-21, at 11:00 AM, Jean-Clement Soret wrote:

> Why would studios bother with film prints, they are expensive to make and deliver

Joe Owens
Presto!Digital Colourgrade
302-9664 106 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5H0N4