[Tig] Seeing forbidden colors

Tom Tcimpidis Tom at tgt.org
Sat Feb 13 22:48:11 GMT 2010

I've been a reader of Scientific American almost my entire life and I tried the forbidden color experiment detailed in the article.
To my surprise, it did indeed work for me.  My wife, on the other hand, could not see any difference...

Tom
Los Angeles

"The February issue of Scientific American magazine has an article on
the results of a study by Vincent A. Billock and Brian H. Tsou
demonstrating that "people can be made to see reddish green and
yellowish blue, colors forbidden by theories of color perception.
These and other hallucinations provide a window in the phenomenon of
visual opponency."