[Tig] DaVinci module in every TV?

alex black enigma at turingstudio.com
Fri Sep 18 23:05:48 BST 2009

I don't think there's the same need for color processing in consumer
products (even high end ones) as there is for format conversion/motion
compensation/etc. Most of the stuff people are  seeing is 601 or 709
and has been prepped in or for those colorspaces.

Where a "conversion" capability makes sense and is salable to a high
end consumer, I don't think a color box is.

What *WOULD* be cool is integration of cheap (uh, good)
spectrophotometers in virtually displays. Calibration should not be
something the user needs to know about or care about - or at worst
they should know they can attach the little thingy and press calibrate
and the color will be perfect on their TV. I've been in sooooooo many
high end installs that looked like crap because none of the equipment
had been set up properly.

  $0.02

--
alexander black