[Tig] what are we going to do (monitors)

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Sun Mar 30 22:07:11 BST 2008

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008, Daniel Perez wrote:
> It is a frigging nightmare ... and I agree with Mike Most when he says
> he'd prefer to se a better LCD HD monitor before a new 4K one not
> usable for grading.

For the prices they charge in this market, it seems that they should
be able to produce a professional DLP or D-LIA rear-projection display
device with 14-bit/channel resolution which is designed for desktop
use (32" or smaller). Control electronics similar to that used for
Digital Cinema can be used.  The screen material and lamp would be
suitable for professional grading.  If the "lamp" can be based on
LEDs, then the display would last for 20K hours or more.

How come this approach has not been used?

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn