[Tig] denoising lowlights, interpolation algorithms (stills)

woz warrenl at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 00:19:15 GMT 2008

Rob,
I'm surprised that you're surprised, but then I guess the surprise level
depends on your preconceptions.
(or was the camera very warm when you took the shots?)

look here:

from
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond70/

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/NikonD70/page14.asp

(I have no connection with dpreview.com other than being a 'subscribing'
member)

woz

On 14/03/2008, Rob Lingelbach <rob at colorist.org> wrote:

> Cintel and FilmLight support the TIG in 2008 - read about Cintel's NAB
> presence at
> http://colorist.org/wiki3/index.php/TIGNABFS08
>   ====
>

> I was unpleasantly surprised by the amount of noise in an (admittedly
> high ISO) image I shot in camera raw (NEF) on a Nikon D70.   Cinepaint
> gave me an accurate representation of the noise, which was slightly
> dismaying when I saw what Photoshop Lightroom did in smoothing this
> noise in the lowlights.  However, in the interest of veracity and
> acutance, I prefer knowing what was shot, and now I've been gracefully
> referred to
>
> http://cimg.sourceforge.net/greycstoration/
>
> which page, once viewed, is self-explanatory, and seems to be well-
> supported and received.
> And, as noted previously, Cinepaint is open source as well.
>
> --
> Rob Lingelbach
> rob at colorist.org  http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html

This email including any attachment(s) is private and confidential and may
contain privileged information, which may be used only by the addressee. If
you are not the addressee or their delivery agent, then you may not
disclose, disseminate, print, copy, store or otherwise use any information
therein contained.
If you believe or suspect that you have received this mail in error, please
be kind enough to notify the sender, and delete it from your system.
The sender accepts no liability of any kind either for errors arising from
transmission of this email or for any loss or damage sustained if this email
and/or its attachments are communicated to any person other than the
intended recipient. Thank you.