[Tig] denoising lowlights, interpolation algorithms (stills)

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Fri Mar 14 16:16:25 GMT 2008

I was unpleasantly surprised by the amount of noise in an (admittedly
high ISO) image I shot in camera raw (NEF) on a Nikon D70.   Cinepaint
gave me an accurate representation of the noise, which was slightly
dismaying when I saw what Photoshop Lightroom did in smoothing this
noise in the lowlights.  However, in the interest of veracity and
acutance, I prefer knowing what was shot, and now I've been gracefully
referred to

http://cimg.sourceforge.net/greycstoration/

which page, once viewed, is self-explanatory, and seems to be well-
supported and received.
And, as noted previously, Cinepaint is open source as well.

--
Rob Lingelbach
rob at colorist.org  http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html