[Tig] Display Calibration (was end of wysiwyg)

Bob Kertesz bob at bluescreen.com
Tue Mar 11 21:09:02 GMT 2008

>The consumer looks at the art on Plasma, LCD,
>Front projection, or Rear Projection (downward spiral), with display
>luminances between 200 and 400 cd/m2 for emissive displays and 50-150
>cd/m2 with a simultaneous contrast ratio rarely exceeding 1000 to one.
>Theatrical grading is specified at 48 cd/m2 with a contrast ratio
>greater than 2000:1 in a darkened room.

So you mean that Samsung's claims on their new 3D plasma displays of a
contrast ratio of a million to one may just be marketing bullshit?

I'm shocked and disappointed. Please say it ain't so.

--Bob "those are the same odds as me saying anything nice" Kertesz

Bob Kertesz
BlueScreen LLC
Hollywood, California
bob at bluescreen.com

The Ultimate in ULTIMATTEĀ® compositing.