[Tig] 5242 FILM out unstable or develaping problem

Leo Liao liao.zd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 11:42:31 GMT 2008

We have a endless quarrel with our local lab, we shoot a 20 minutes content on the 5242 intermediate film by ARRI Laser, I put the LAD pattern on both head and tail of this reel, but the two readings from the LAD are so different, the tail LAD reading is quite accurate, the head LAD is off. The Lab never think that is their problem to cause that. I am beginning to doubt about the ARRI, but everyone of my friends from the DI industry do not agree about it, they think the laser never fail like that. Is there any possibility the arrilaser could cause that problem?

Liao

Beijing China