[Tig] [Old EDL Files on 8-Inch Floppy Disks]

Robert Lund lundo at lundissimo.info
Thu Mar 6 00:03:06 GMT 2008

Rob Lingelbach wrote:
> Get your entry into the TIGNABFS08 - NAB for 2008
> http://colorist.org/wiki3/index.php/TIGNABFS08
>  ====
>

> On Mar 5, 2008, at 7:01 PM, Joe Owens wrote:
>
>>      Quantel DP5000  late 70s
>>      Mirage                    also late 70s?
>>      ADO                         early 80s
>>      GVG Kaledioscope   mid 80s
>>
>> Don't forget the "Vital Industries' Squeezoom" late 70's to mid 80's.
>>

> of course, I think Todd Rundgren joined you in having one, and in NYC
> Teletronics (BT will advise) there was one.
Yes, when I was Engineering manager at Teletronics in the late 70s we
had one of the first Squeezoom devices. They had a salesman named Bob
McCall who could sell anything. He invited me up to a party at
Rundgren's Bearsville Studio around 78-79 where he was showing off his
new Squeezoom. I also got to see his Rutt-Etra synthesizer at that party
(and a lot more that's vanished into the haze).