[Tig] PEC limiting MK3

woz warrenl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 21:19:07 GMT 2008

Shame on me I should have replied much earlier since it was my question.
I was looking through my mails when I realised I hadn't replied!

It turned out to be the blue head amp, the main active component of which is
a low noise op- amp. Unfortunately I too was convinced it was the PEC.
Levels were fine, it was the inability to slew which caused the problem. It
just couldn't work with that amount of light and hence current quickly
enough.
Shading is now tolerable but it's still impossible to get black and white
coincidentally good.

Thanks to all for your input.
woz (ITV/Granada/3Sixtymedia)

On 31/01/2008, Rob Lingelbach <rob at colorist.org> wrote:

> Thanks to Cinelab, Bill Topazio and CO3 for support
> http://www.colorist.org/wiki3
>   ====
>

> that's right, it was green, not blue.  wonder if anyone's done a
> study of color memory, like, can we remember a particular color's
> properties over a long period of time, and by what other factors is
> this memory influenced.
>

> On Jan 31, 2008, at 4:49 PM, Graham Collett wrote:
>
> > the only official filter for the optics of an Ursa was a Kodak made
> > "shading filter" that was made because some films polarised the
> > light going through them and that ended up as a green magenta tilt.
> > If you cant get the filter then you can do a manual shading
> > offset ..but you'll have to keep doing it different as different
> > film react in different ways.
> > regards
> > Graham Collett
> >

> > At one point there was a filter installed by Bill Hogan in LA (the
> > providence of which I don't recall) that improved Ursa shading in the
> > blue PEC significantly. Before filter, impossible to get flat blue
> >

> --
> Rob Lingelbach
> rob at colorist.org   http://www.colorist.org

This email including any attachment(s) is private and confidential and may
contain privileged information, which may be used only by the addressee. If
you are not the addressee or their delivery agent, then you may not
disclose, disseminate, print, copy, store or otherwise use any information
therein contained.
If you believe or suspect that you have received this mail in error, please
be kind enough to notify the sender, and delete it from your system.
The sender accepts no liability of any kind either for errors arising from
transmission of this email or for any loss or damage sustained if this email
and/or its attachments are communicated to any person other than the
intended recipient. Thank you.