[Tig] [Old EDL Files on 8-Inch Floppy Disks]

Jeff Heusser lists at neonmargarita.com
Wed Mar 5 18:27:47 GMT 2008

On Mar 5, 2008, at 10:09 AM, Rob Lingelbach wrote:
> We did the first National Enquirer animatic-type
> commercials using it... (then National Video stole the account, then
> Charlex [are they still around?  Paul Mitchell too?] had it.)

Charlex is still around and going strong.  I worked there freelance
almost 3 years ago and had the experience of walking into the machine
room that I had last seen in 1990... where there used to be like
twenty 1" machines there were now that many Tezros.

Paul Mitchell is sadly no longer with us.  When I was at Charlex those
few years ago we were talking about him and he used to stop by and see
me in Venice a few times a year,  so I looked at his web site and
there was a notice of his passing.

Jeff
---
Jeff Heusser