[Tig] [Old EDL Files on 8-Inch Floppy Disks]

Alan Rosenfeld alanr at bhphoto.com
Wed Mar 5 19:36:20 GMT 2008

We had a Squeezoom at Teletronics when I was there in 1978, used it to fix blanking on illegal commercials at one point.  Charlex is very much still around.
Alan Rosenfeld

Sales & Marketing Manager

212.444.6662 or 800.947.9962  xt 2757

fax 212.239.7512

The Studio at B&H

Professional Solutions from the Professional's Source
 B&H Photo - Video - Pro Audio

440 Ninth Avenue  New York, NY 10001
alanr at bhphotovideo.com
www.bhphotovideo.com

of course, I think Todd Rundgren joined you in having one, and in NYC
Teletronics (BT will advise) there was one.
A while back I was discussing with David Crosthwait the HS series
Ampex slo-mo discs, we had at Nutitel (Unitel) NYC the HS-200, and I
learned a lot about GPIs and some programming by using it on
animatics.  We did the first National Enquirer animatic-type
commercials using it... (then National Video stole the account, then
Charlex [are they still around?  Paul Mitchell too?] had it.)

what does this have to do with color grading?  well, to turn this
discussion around, I noticed several errors on the Wikipedia entry for
"colorist."   Someone should correct them, as my grade for it is a B.

--
Rob Lingelbach   TIG admin/founder
rob at colorist.org  http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html