[Tig] [Old EDL Files on 8-Inch Floppy Disks]

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Wed Mar 5 18:09:06 GMT 2008

On Mar 5, 2008, at 7:01 PM, Joe Owens wrote:

>      Quantel DP5000  late 70s
>      Mirage                    also late 70s?
>      ADO                         early 80s
>      GVG Kaledioscope   mid 80s
>
> Don't forget the "Vital Industries' Squeezoom" late 70's to mid 80's.

of course, I think Todd Rundgren joined you in having one, and in NYC
Teletronics (BT will advise) there was one.
A while back I was discussing with David Crosthwait the HS series
Ampex slo-mo discs, we had at Nutitel (Unitel) NYC the HS-200, and I
learned a lot about GPIs and some programming by using it on
animatics.  We did the first National Enquirer animatic-type
commercials using it... (then National Video stole the account, then
Charlex [are they still around?  Paul Mitchell too?] had it.)

what does this have to do with color grading?  well, to turn this
discussion around, I noticed several errors on the Wikipedia entry for
"colorist."   Someone should correct them, as my grade for it is a B.

--
Rob Lingelbach   TIG admin/founder
rob at colorist.org  http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html