[Tig] Old EDL Files on 8-Inch Floppy Disks

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Wed Mar 5 16:17:36 GMT 2008

On Mar 5, 2008, at 5:59 PM, DCFWTX at aol.com wrote:

> David Crosthwait (won two local emmys using ADO 3000 2 channel with
> Concentrator, a long time ago...)

kudos to you David :].  I remember the Concentrator.  The evolution
was sort of like:

Quantel DP5000  late 70s
Mirage                    also late 70s?
ADO                         early 80s
GVG Kaledioscope   mid 80s
...and then... I guess Flame, could be some steps in between someone
will fill in.

SuperEdit... that was Dave Bargain right?   and it was formerly called
401 cleaner ?   which started as a list cleaning utility for CMX.
At NYC-Unitel in the 70s we loaded lists from the aforementioned paper
tape, I think that was a 3600 system, anyway it ran on a PDP-11.
Bootstrapping got you into octal land.

--
Rob Lingelbach
rob at colorist.org  http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html