[Tig] HD camera info

Ken Robinson ken
Wed May 24 22:20:01 BST 2006

Just wondering if anyone could help me regarding a Redlake MotionXtra HG-100k.

I have been asked if it will do better in high definition than 35mm transferred at standard definition. My immediate reaction was that of course it would be.  I also said that the recording format was the weakest link in HDef, compression is what does damage, more than the quality of the camera, this is because the Redlake records uncompressed to a laptop hard drive.

I just wanted to check that nothing has changed since I have been able to conduct my own comparison, or seen a demo.

Thanks

Ken Robinson