[Tig] Trailer: SMS Sugar Man - 1st cellphone feature film

Rob Lingelbach rob
Fri May 5 19:07:45 BST 2006

On May 5, 2006, at 11:10 , Jack James wrote:

> DV8 Films in Johannesburg, South Africa, have released the
> trailer for SMS Sugar Man, the first feature film in the world
> to be shot entirely on cellphones.

I really wish we could talk about what this means to the art of
feature films, and if there might not be a better term to use for the
result
of using cellphones to create a piece (scripted? plotted? lighted?
acted?
directed? edited? finessed in any way?) for which the term "feature
film"
may not serve at all.   Could one call it instead "cellart?"
"handheld lowres video
happenings?"

It's not the art itself I would question, just the use of the term
"feature film" to describe it.

Rob
Rob Lingelbach   http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html