[Tig] 2" video repairs, anyone?

dcfwtx at aol.com dcfwtx
Tue Aug 30 20:15:02 BST 2005

 Jeff,

We operate AVR 1's, 2's, and 3's, plus many other older formats. What do you mean by "consistant picture scrolling and tearing" ? Is this in demod also? Is there a servo light?

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Burbank

-----Original Message-----
From: jeffh1 at nvbb.net
To: Tig at tig.colorist.org
Sent: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:53:33 -0400
Subject: [Tig] 2" video repairs, anyone?

Thanks to Peter Robertshaw, Dave Corbitt and
Phil Mendelson for supporting the TIG.
--

Howdy. Thanks to the TIG, I now have a new job!

If anyone in the NY area is capable of servicing an Ampex AVR-3 2" video
machine, kindly let me know ASAP. We are having a problem with consistant
picture scrolling and tearing. Video ref is good, and we've swapped heads, but
the problem persists. It appears to be possibly be a transport issue, but that
is pretty much as far as we got.

Please contact me privately if willing and able.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Hayat
VidiPax

participate in the tig wiki pages at http://tig.colorist.org/wiki