[Tig] Home Movie Day 2005

Skip Elsheimer skipe
Thu Aug 11 15:45:32 BST 2005

Some of you telecine folks probably already know about Home Movie Day,
but here's info for the rest of you:
------------------------
Home Movie Day 2005

WHAT IS HOME MOVIE DAY?
Many archivists are concerned about what will happen to all of the home
movies that have been shot on film during the 20th century, most of
which are sitting in boxes in attics or basements. Besides their
importance as family records, these films often contain a history of the
hometowns and areas where these films were shot. We know that many
people have boxes full of family memories that they've never seen
because they lack of a projector, or are afraid that the films are too
fragile to be viewed again. We also know that many people are having
their amateur films transferred to videotape or DVD, with the mistaken
idea that their new digital copies will last forever and the "obsolete"
films could be discarded. The 3rd annual Home Movie Day will take place
this August 13, 2005 - all around the world!

So dig out the ole' family movies and bring them out to Home Movie Day!
And don't throw your family's films away!

For information about Home Movie Day and locations that are holding the
event, visit: http://www.homemovieday.com

Skip Elsheimer
www.avgeeks.com