[Tig] Ecinema Display

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen
Sat Aug 6 16:23:42 BST 2005

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Martin Euredjian wrote:

> The OLD Apple Cinema display (plastic, from two years ago) was so much
> better than the new (metal) one.  Here's a couple of links:
>
> http://dreamlight.com/insights/bugs/hd23.html
> http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14 at 412.u3szaYj1Y8N.1 at .6895fae4
> (I may have posted this in the past, sorry).

I suggest taking a look at Sun's 24" LCD display (1920x1200).  I could
not be happier with this display.  In my viewing environment blacks
are as black as blacks can be and the levels are accurate.  Supports
1080P, including YCbCr.  The display doesn't have any of the problems
I hear about with Apple's displays.  Unlike the Apple display, it does
not appear to be on the verge of thermal melt-down.  The Apple
displays seem like they come with an internal oven.  The panel is
completely cool to the touch and only has one mildly warm point behind
the display. The panel works fine when attached to a PC or Mac.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn