[tig] NAB

TPWPG TPWPG
Mon Apr 12 23:02:53 BST 2004

Apple has a press event on Sunday AM at the Venetian Ballroom. There is a
sign up on the Apple site.
There is also a Wednesday User Group meeting at the Stardust that will
feature some workflow scenarios on HD and feature films. Information is at
http://www.lafcpug.org/nab.html
In my experience the best company event is always the Discreet press event.
One year I got some really cool blue soap in addition to the regular swag,
and of course open bar.
Avid always has good food and drink at the Hard Rock theatre for their
annual briefing, but it isn't much for fun.
For straight up fun, with alcohol, the bus ride to Herb Dow's annual roast
-in which drinking tequila shots from the bottle used to be the price of the
ride- has always been hard to beat....

Patrick Gregston

-----Original Message-----
From: tig-admin at tig.colorist.org [mailto:tig-admin at tig.colorist.org] On
Behalf Of Michael Most
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 8:53 PM
To: Telecine Internet Group
Subject: [tig] NAB

thanks to Laurence Claydon for supporting the TIG.
--

On Apr 7, 2004, at 8:24 PM, Martin Euredjian wrote:

> The Apple event on Sunday should be good.

When and where is that? I can't find any mention of it on the Apple website.

Mike Most
VFX Supervisor
IATSE Local 600
Los Angeles

--
Help wanted ads are welcome here on the main TIG; blatant advertising or
marketing is not but can be sent to tig-announce at tig.colorist.org.