[tig] Keykode repeatability

David L. Tosh dlt
Wed Oct 22 03:51:47 BST 2003

>How often, if ever, will the same Keykode repeat itself? That is, is
>it likely that one will see the same
>exact number appear within a given transfer job?

I have not been able to find supporting documentation but when
machine readable key numbers were first introduced I remember being
told:

Kodak would not allow the incrementing portion (footage) to roll over
back to 0 in a roll

and

Kodak would not guarantee that the prefix would not reappear on another roll.

I think that it should require a very large number of new, fresh
rolls of stock before you really got the same prefix repeated. I
thought I saw it happen on "Windtalkers" but I discovered that it was
a logging error. ;-)

--

David Tosh
<dlt at earthlink.net>