[tig] I'm worried and angry

Rob Lingelbach rob
Fri Oct 17 20:09:53 BST 2003

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 11:13:52AM +0200, mhafner at imdb.com wrote:
> But what better place is there to discuss
> the proper and improper use of digital tools for DI processing if not
> a place where people who do it for a living meet informally?

a comment about the unsubtle use of the word _proper_ might
be in order.. is there necessarily a finite properness to
any use of any tool?

> A worried individual that has developed an appreciation of the art form
> including the cinematography.

I can appreciate your outlook because I also rue the advent
of artifacts from sampling and compression.  But just to let
you know, the word _worried_ kind of pushes the anxiety
buttons of others :/  so you?re more apt to get more anxious

> Can you folks live with such prints? Do you care? What is
> taboo and what is not?

taboo.. hm, that might also be a provocative term when used
in reference to what we feel is a technical art.

anyway, this is a lively discussion is it not.

--
Rob Lingelbach
tig founder, unix system administrator