[tig] America Heart & Soul

Jean-Clement Soret jean-c
Wed Oct 15 10:29:54 BST 2003

 Ok let's be honest,
It is clear that while we are all excited about the potential of software
color correction, the color corrector of our dreams is not there yet.
- Q Color doesn't really have a grading list management yet. The keyer is
only chroma or luminance.
- Although probably being the best product Lustre, has a fixed architecture,
and in my opinion quickly runs out of layers.
- Silicon Color's Final Touch is interesting but not a product for a little
while.
- Baselight is well thought but like all of the above gets really slow when
starting to pile up layers. Having your scene reduced to a single image is a
bit of a problem...
Of course if you can afford to spend 2 months on a project, you might think
differently.
BTW none of these soft color correctors can do a gamma correction in a
saturation isolation, so please leave these multiple tracking windows aside
and concentrate on the real stuff.
Let's go back to our good old Pogles or 2Ks and see what happens.

Jean-Clement Soret
MPC
London