[tig] HDCAM sr

Rob Lingelbach rob
Thu Oct 2 04:00:51 BST 2003

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 05:47:47PM -0700, Jamie Tosi wrote:

> But what is to say that we'll be using tape in 20-30 years? Maybe then
> we'll be 100% digital as with today's preferred music format. I haven't
> bought a cassette tape since the late 80's.

you haven?t.. but there are some of us who still believe in
analog audio, or only in the more advanced digital audio
formats, and disdain the common CD, it depends what you
listen to.  A Bach organ fugue on a common CD played back
through the best reproduction system does not compare
favorably with that produced on a good LP played with
the best equipment.  to me anyway :]  but my ears are pretty
sensitive, perhaps overly so.   anyway.. i?d say that 100%
might be more like 99.5% :/

--Rob

Rob Lingelbach
TIG coadmin-founder, unix admin, consultant
http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html