[Tig] 3 perf info

Stuart Fyvie stuart.fyvie
Tue May 20 21:58:35 BST 2003

Mixing is not a problem if you are going and leaving it on tape. It is
just like mixing
any other format. The 3-perf. will last 25% longer on the machine so
calculate the durations
from this. The aspect ratio will have to be fixed to 1.78:1 throughout.
It will be obvious which is
the 3-perf footage as the image will roll  (like a wonky-vertical hold
on a t.v).

Best also to transfer onto separate tapes if you can, this is easier to
unpick if you need a neg. cut.
  If you are going to conform the negative, make sure you have a
negative cutter that can log and handle 3-perf!

Good luck!

Stuart Fyvie, Colourist , London.