[tig] More funny stuff. All true

Dave Best davebz1a
Fri Jun 13 01:45:56 BST 2003

RE: [tig] More funny stuff. All trueRemember Ampex DCT, they actually made Pal tape stock.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard Torpey
  To: tig at tig.colorist.org
  Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 8:17 PM
  Subject: RE: [tig] More funny stuff. All true

  No, you're not the only one. However, to be done properly - you must first be standing by a locked cabinet, supply room door, locked rack, etc. and have a large & heavy ring of keys in your hand and a disappointed look on your face. Only then do you send the newbie off in search of the key to the genlock.

  BTW, did you know that a 10k 1/4 watt resistor in a 120v outlet gives you anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes to establish an alibi before it goes puff ;-)

  Also, when introducing the newbie to dual standard VTR operations (PAL to NTSC operators in this example) it is incumbent on all to first explain the intricacies of PAL reference, PAL timing/blanking/level standards and last but not least instruct them to request some PAL raw stock before making a basic.

  Rich Torpey