[tig] Digital Screening of "Once upon a Time in Mexico" in Hollywood

Kevin Wheatley hxpro
Mon Dec 15 12:59:35 GMT 2003

Bill Hogan wrote:
> stock is also important.  The selection of print stock and lab practice has MUCH
> MORE impact on the prints than the film recorder negative or 2K or 4K film
> recorders.  (No film out has been done at 4k for any release prints -- That I am
> aware of.)

Technically everything Cinesite London ever did had to be 4K
scan/record until quite recently, although perhaps not in the accepted
terms for 4K (the data wasn't always maintained at 4K). The same I
think goes for our LA office. We have done various effects at 4K too
over the last 10 years. We've not so far done a whole feature as 4K
thoughout, but certainly we use 4K recording a lot (probably 80% of
the effects we do).

"It's not the size of the number, its what you do with it that
counts."

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley                   | These are the opinions of |
| Senior Do-er of Technical Things | nobody and are not shared |