[tig] Daddy's Boy (HDcam to 35mm 2.35)

Bill Hogan billhogan1
Mon Dec 1 09:20:30 GMT 2003

Steve Shaw wrote:
> I know of no 'incamera' filtering options, but a matte box with filter
> attachment works well, as with film cameras.
===========
All current HD cameras have the following "in Camera" filtering options.

They have two filter wheels that can be used independently.

Filter Wheel One: Color Correction Filters for Color Temperature selection with
one filter position reserved and usually delivered with a "Star filter" effect
filter installed.

Filter Wheel Two: One position for a clear filter with three additional
positions for ND (Neutral Density) filters for exposure control.

The "star" filter position in Filter Wheel One has been used with a variety of
"special effects" filters.  Several Filter designs have been made by filter
companies including Schneider/Centruy.

But the term "in Camera" is used by everyone to mean any effect that is achieved
at the time of shooting.  So any filter in the camera or in front of the lens in
a matte box is included in the description of "in camera".

Regards, Bill Hogan