[tig] PC World

Robert Lund robert.lund
Mon Dec 1 04:00:20 GMT 2003

Jim Mann wrote:

> Once I was color correcting a civil rights film with a black producer. I
>
>made the comment "We really should crush these blacks" ....the look I
>got.....I did manage to explain my way out of it, but I never really felt
>she believed me.

There must've been something in your tone of voice...

Now that the subject has been raised, I wonder how many people have had
trouble with the fact that the whites are at the top of the waveform
scale and the blacks down at the bottom? Affirmative encoding action
would seem to call for an inversion of the scale.