[Tig] developments in mergers

Rob Lingelbach rob
Sun Sep 22 01:20:45 BST 2002

On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 03:12:53AM -0400, Jim Mann wrote:

> Just a side note. It seems to me that we need to be careful. With all the
> scratch concealment in the front ends of the CR / Spirit / Millennium (not
> sure about Sony) we run the chance of transferring entire rolls and never
> seeing a base scratch!

one could offer a dual-monitor suite with pre- and post- signals, or a
simultaneous check transfer of pre-processed signal.

(tongue-in-cheek: if done with a certain approach the client might then
request some process-reduction in a quest for originality, providing the
means to drive facility economics, etc.)

--
Key fingerprint = 3467 732F 283D 210F 2CEB  F3C0 7C06 AE86 D447 AB37
Rob Lingelbach  Senior Colorist UCLA Film and Television Archive
robling at ucla.edu   http://www.alegria.com        rob at alegria.com
public key available on keyservers.