[Tig] developments in mergers

Dick Hobbs dick
Thu Sep 19 07:37:09 BST 2002

Rob wrote

> the folks formerly known as Fernseh, Bosch, BTS, Philips,
> and Thomson will henceforth be known as Grass Valley, a
> Thomson brand.  Let us celebrate the dawn of a new age.

If I had any money to invest, it would be in the company that prints their
business cards.

The guy that ran the UK operation for Philips is called Dave Phillips. He
got very tired of the joke that he should change his name to Thomson, and
sounded distinctly weary when I asked him on Monday what is company name was
today.

Dick