[Tig] audio: Mackie?

Marc Wielage mfw
Thu Sep 19 00:54:10 BST 2002

Rob Lingelbach <rob at calarts.edu> commented on the TIG list on 9/18/02 @
12:16 PM:

> I don't have any experience with Mackie audio amplifiers, and
> have this 1400 watt one here I'm about to use.  Can someone
> comment on its quality?

I think the Mackie amps are in the "good but not great" category.  I'd call
it upscale consumer, maybe not up to the rigors of continuous day-in/day-out
use in a control room, but probably OK.

I'd put BGW, Bryston, or Crown as being higher on the scale of better amps
for post use.  It's pretty much a case of "you get what you pay for."

--Marc Wielage/Cinesite
  Hollywood, USA

[Note: the opinions expressed expressed above are strictly my own, and not
necessarily that of my employers.]