[Tig] Monitor question

C.J. Scheppers cjs
Sat Sep 14 02:44:51 BST 2002

Perhaps your overscan is set a little too over.  On an oscilloscope, which
the scan can be completely run off of the face of the CRT if the
positioning controls are turned to their extremes, the face of the CRT will
glow because the electron beam is bouncing off something or the sides of
the CRT.  This diffuse beam can make the face glow in general or in
patterns.  Compare a fixed test pattern on the monitors which make the glow
and don't make the glow to see if the glowing one is set a little too
large.  If on only one model like pvm and not bvm, perhaps different tube
constructions are used.

C.J. Scheppers