[Tig] a tale of woodstock.

Rob Lingelbach robling
Thu Sep 12 22:15:28 BST 2002

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 04:47:37PM -0400, JSnopes at aol.com wrote:
> Steve Hullfish wrote:
>
> >I would be interested in hearing how and why colorists make a connection
> >to music. Musicians and colorists use many
> >of the same terms to describe their work, "tone" "tonality" "color" "cool"
> >"warm" "bright" "dark" "blue"

ah well, yes that's a very interesting subject.  An additional
example: chromaticism.  In baroque music, the inimitable Bach
tended toward it, and its popularity waxed toward the 20th century.
it refers of course to playing or writing notes in between the
diatonic steps of the scale.  How that word can relate to vision
as well as sound i'm not exactly sure.

--
Rob Lingelbach            colorist with portfolio
UCLA Film and Television Archive    robling at ucla.edu
http://www.alegria.com              rob at alegria.com
       public key available on keyservers.