[Tig] 4K D-ILA/color demo this Thurs @ ETC, LA

Chuck Harrison cfharr
Tue Oct 29 21:21:19 GMT 2002

FYI,

This came from Imagica:

---- begin included message ----

To Those Who Make a Difference in Colors;

I would like to inform you that Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp.
(NTT) will have a demonstration using the JVC's SHD (3840 * 2048)
D-ILA projector and their decoder. NTT is one of the leading
telecommunication companies in Japan.

The first-generation negative of 35mm and 65mm was scanned in
Cineon 10bit log with IMAGICA scanners and processed it to be
appropriate for their SHD D-ILA projector with our color management
system "Galette" and then encoded these into JPEG2000.

This will be the first time that you can experience 4K data with
a 4K projector. Date and place is as follows;

Date: Oct. 31st, 14:00- 17:00
Place: Pacific Theater (ETC), 6433 Hollywood Blvd.

Registration is not required and you can drop in whenever your
schedule permits.

I'm looking forward to seeing you on Thursday.

Kind regards,
Noriyuki Mibuchi
tel 310-306-4180 fax 310-306-2334
E-mail:nori at imagica-la.com
http://www.imagica-la.com/

---- end included message ----

Disclaimer: I'm not paid by Imagica...but I think their Galette
color management project is pretty interesting.

Cheers,
  Chuck Harrison, Far Field Associates, LLC