[Tig] Digital Film - a bit of fun

JCS jclement
Thu Oct 17 22:30:39 BST 2002

> The thing that scared the hell out of me is that if there is enough
control
> to get un-corrected rushes that hadn't been through a LUT to something
> close to my graded look then what is going to happen in cinemas?

2 weeks ago we had the JVC projector at MPC for a S16mm vs HD projection
organised by Kodak and Sony. Bob Harris of JVC told me that projectors
installed in theaters would NOT have access to LUT settings in order to
avoid the situation Geoff mentioned. I am sure that when standards for
digital projection are agreed LUTs will be part of this.
Jean-Clement Soret
MPC
London