[Tig] Re: Fiber (was color correcting HD)

Tom Tcimpidis tgt
Wed Oct 16 15:37:28 BST 2002

Additional notes:

For single mode operation, most people are using the Tac-2 ruggedized
cable which is designed for battlefield use.  If you bend the cable in
too tight a radius what will usually happen is that the light level will
drop below threshold and you will loose the signal.   However, within
reason, it will not damage the cable.

While not for the faint of heart and uninitiated, the cable can be
rebutted in the field.  I took the course on this and have had to do one
  (single mode) when it was snagged by a fork lift and broken (we had no
spare fiber available at the time).

Also, I neglected to mention that the transmitted functions include
remote control for the camera and tally.

Tom