[Tig] Re: Color correcting HD

Tom Tcimpidis tgt
Tue Oct 15 22:57:12 BST 2002

The Telecast provides HD-SDI from the camera, NTSC to the camera (for a
quad split, dolly grip or whatever), genlock to the camera, timecode to
the camera, 4 bidirectional audio channels, and a PL channel.  There are
two types: Single mode which is fiber only and does not carry power, and
dual mode which also carries power on copper.  The current power limit
for dual mode is 100 watts (Telecast is working on uping that).  Single
mode fiber has the advantages of being smaller/lighter, much more
robust, and being capable of longer distances without a repeater.  The
advantage of dual mode is obvious: power.

Tom