[Tig] tinnitus

Rob Lingelbach rob
Thu May 30 22:18:25 BST 2002

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 04:18:49PM -0400, Dave Corbitt wrote:

> As I age, my
> detectable sound spectrum gets narrower and the signal to
> noise suffers.

I'm curious about the signal-to-noise, as I've noticed that as I
mature, in settings with a lot of noise I have trouble picking
out the intelligence; my front end swamps earlier than it used
to.  But it seems to be more a signal detection problem than a
sensitivity issue; in fact sensitivity could be too high, need an
attenuator like Ricky Ricamonte's ex-wife.

--
Rob Lingelbach                          http://www.alegria.com
Sysadm, Computer Animation Lab            rob at film.calarts.edu
California Institute of the Arts               rob at calarts.edu