[Tig] Vialta

Paul Grace paulgrace
Wed Feb 20 13:33:53 GMT 2002

>Having an engineer familiar with the device readily available does make a
>difference! How much assistance did you get from Japan until the local
>engineers got up to speed?

Hi,

Many years ago....yawn...blink...when I was working at Cintel (aka Rank)
there was a famous story/legend that seems somewhat ironic now.
Apparently at a trade show in the 1980's pre URSA, the then product manager
or similar asked a US customer what single new feature they would like to
see on a new telecine.
The US west coast customer replied "A Sony Badge"

As the saying goes...be careful what you wish for  ;)

Disclaimer:
Not paid or employed by either telecine maker.

Paul Grace

--
# First Art

PS: Anyone needing a lift by Jeep to NAB from LA please email me. There
should be room for two more. Leaving Santa Monica on the 5th.