light spectra (was: Re: [Tig] Telecine Suite Lighting)

Rob Lingelbach rob
Tue Apr 16 22:08:38 BST 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 04:58:34PM -0400, Ricamonte, Richard wrote:
> George,
>
> I know Philips has 4foot flourescents rated at 5,000K (or there abouts).

this brings up a question in my mind about spectrum/temperature.

If light and lamps have spectra, as we know they do, are they not
important as well in the choice of lamp?  Or is there a magic way
that color temperature can be a measurement that averages the
associated spectrum?

--
Rob Lingelbach                          http://www.alegria.com
Sysadm, Computer Animation Lab            rob at film.calarts.edu
California Institute of the Arts           caltech at calarts.edu

Only Einstein and Bach deserve their reputations.