[Tig] RE: Compressed Grade Transfers

Rob Lingelbach rob
Mon Nov 5 23:09:39 GMT 2001

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 09:33:41AM +1100, Grant Petty wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, things are not as bad as the old analog days where you needed to
> obtain an accurate signal level down on tape. such as 1" formats etc.
> (seems so long ago now!)

ah, er, well I won't say what I was recording on then, but
RCA TR600's made a very satisfying pneumatic thunk when they
went into record, and woe betide the director* who didn't wait
for my "speed" 10 seconds after rolling.

*Nat Eisenberg, Hal Tulchin, Ed Libonati, Jay Dubin ("Crazy Eddie"),
etc.

--
Rob Lingelbach                         http://www.alegria.com
System Administrator                     rob at film.calarts.edu