Re: EASTMAN 285 & Sony DXC-1820

Additionally, my question was NOT about HOW to produce a short feature on a
NLE system, it was about nothing more than Transferring Film to video (or
equivalent archiving off film, given my parameters) for later production to
a TV or Video format.

This in itself lends my dilemma an appropriate venue here on the TIG list.

I do apologize for the bandwidth and will refrain from further rebuttals.
Once again, any opinions regarding my initial 2 posts are still welcome, I
will not rebute them further!!!!

Cheers!

Mike Lachance

*****

>build not to mention ongoing maintenance costs. Avid is a  NLE system and
>not the TIG's centric focus.
>
>Your questions may be considered a little strange because the mainstream
>post industry has never used crude film chains of the type you mentioned
>for film to tape transfers.

1073 subscribers in 41 countries on Tue Jan 11 20:01:27 CST 2000
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com