[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Telecine Internet Group <telecine at alegria.com>
- Subject: [Fwd: Various]
- From: Bob Buckner <bbuckner at postgroup.com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 13:51:39 -0800
- Resent-Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:00:10 -0600
- Resent-From: telecine at alegria.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"fbjhc.A.ELG.if6e4" at sun>
- Resent-Sender: telecine-request at alegria.com
- Resent-To: multiple recipients of <telecine at alegria.com>
Ken Robinson wrote:
> As things are quiet.... Anyone know if any of these new HD formats
> will ever reach home as per DVD?
Just a couple of thoughts on this. The TI web site lists specifications
for the ECinema demonstrations thus far and recent showings have used a
37mbit/sec wavelet compression on the image data. I also hear that
QUALCOMM has developed a chip that does the decompression and decryption
of 40 mbit/sec MPEG 4 compressed HD/Ecinema that is flawless.
I can't imagine that HD DVD is all that far off.
---- Begin included message ----
---- End included message ----
As things are quiet....
Anyone know if any of these new HD formats will ever reach home as per
Anyone know how to get in touch with Warner Bros in the UK?
Anyone been using these new Fuji Stocks? I was just looking at some
S16, 250 and 500 asa. They looked quite similar. I am about to do
some tests blowing them both upto 35mm through the Spirit using an Arri
laser. Maybe someone has beaten me to it!
Happy New Millenium, everyone!
"Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of."
- Re: ecinema
- From: Robert Luciano <rluciano at mediaone.net>