[Fwd: Various]

Ken Robinson wrote:

> As things are quiet.... Anyone know if any of these new HD formats
> will ever reach home as per DVD?

Just a couple of thoughts on this.  The TI web site lists specifications
for the ECinema demonstrations thus far and  recent showings have used a
37mbit/sec wavelet compression on the image data.  I also hear that
QUALCOMM has developed a chip that does the decompression and decryption
of 40 mbit/sec MPEG 4 compressed HD/Ecinema that is flawless.
I can't imagine that HD DVD is all that far off.

Bob Buckner
Post Group
Hollywood

---- Begin included message ----
As things are quiet....

Anyone know if any of these new HD formats will ever reach home as per DVD?

Anyone know how to get in touch with Warner Bros in the UK?

Anyone been using these new Fuji Stocks?  I was just looking at some S16, 250 and 500 asa.  They looked quite similar.  I am about to do some tests blowing them both upto 35mm through the Spirit using an Arri laser.  Maybe someone has beaten me to it!

Happy New Millenium, everyone!

Ken

Ken Robinson
Copenhagen, Denmark.

"Quantum Mechanics:  The dreams stuff is made of."

---- End included message ----