day for night

>A client of mine is going to shoot day for night in the mountains
>with snow. does anybody have some advice for me/him on how to shoot
>and transfer this stuff.,,,,,,,,
>
>Gerlof Kamerling

I would suggest you ask him to keep the sky out of the frame.  That's
probably the biggest DFN giveaway.  Next would be exposure - I would
suggest at least one stop under exposed but with snow, hmmm, I'm not
sure, maybe even more.  If it's sunny you should keep the sun as a
backlight.  Next would be lens stuff - he should use adequate
filtration to have aperture roughly where it would be were he shooting
at night.  Finally, maybe he should consider using the same stock he
would use at night.

David Perrault

1075 subscribers in 41 countries on Mon Jan 10 21:30:53 CST 2000
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com