vision 48

>I've heard snippette's about "vision 48" being a new projection standard
>(running at 48fps) that increases picture quality of film projection, by
>enough to make ecinema a waste of time (and money). There is supposed to
>have been a demo in LA in the recent past that sent a few socks flying. Did
>anyone see it, does anyone know anything about it ?

There has been some in-depth discussion of this process on the
Cinematography Mailing List (CML). If you are interested I can post
the highlights to TIG.

The MaxiVision48 people have a web site with a 27 page downloadable
Acrobat file which gives
some technical information about the format.

http://www.maxivisioncinema.com/

Regards,

Marc Shipman-Mueller, Technical Representative
Arriflex Corporation; 1646 North Oakley Ave, Suite #2, Chicago, IL
60647-5319, USA
Tel: 773 252 8003, Fax: 773 252 5210
Email: msmueller at arri.com, Web: http://www.arri.com

1073 subscribers in 41 countries on Fri Jan  7 09:40:47 CST 2000
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com