Fw: UK only

----- Original Message -----
From: stuart,maura <shortbread at saqnet.co.uk>
To: Asa Shoul <asa.shoul at framestore.co.uk>; Telecine Group
<telecine at alegria.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 1999 8:01 PM
Subject: Re: [TIG] UK only

 It was long cut Super16 Negative with handles of 20 frames. No prints/ Ip's
 were involved.
 The great thing about the Spirit over other telecine's at present is the
 performance of super 16.
 It is outstanding with absolutely flat focus across the frame. The Neg
 settings on the Spirit get some getting used to but
 once it is balanced for the negative at the start of the session you can
get
 a lovely range from the film (and absolutely no noise, only film grain.) We
 have had Mk iii's for years and it was a bit revolutionary to go to a CCD
 machine but I think personally there is no going back ! ( a very
contentious
 issue on the TIG!)

Best wishes for Christmas and New year,

 Stuart Fyvie Colourist BBC Resources, London.

 Err..... I don't work for anybody except John Birt at present.

1071 subscribers in 41 countries on Wed Dec 22 14:11:47 CST 1999
subscribe/unsubscribe with that Subject: to telecine-request at alegria.com